Postdoctoral Research Fellow: GLOBALCONTEST research project
CERAL (University of Paris 13, France)
The research project “Contested Global Governance, Transformed Global Governors? International Organisations and “Weak” States” (GLOBALCONTEST) funded by the French National Research Agency (ANR) and hosted by the centre CERAL (University of Paris 13) invites applications for the position of a Postdoctoral Research Fellow (starting date: 1 January 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter).
- A PhD/ equivalent degree (or a submitted PhD thesis) in social sciences, preference will be given to candidates with background in International Relations and/or Social Anthropology.
- Previous experience of (preferably field-based) research in at least one of the following areas a) Central Asian studies; b) international organizations; c) human rights, gender, development and/or security studies. Capacity to adapt their research interests to the needs of the research project GLOBALCONTEST.
- Experience of post-doctoral research work (individual or team projects) will be an asset.
- Publication(s) in internationally recognized peer-reviewed journals (published or accepted for publication).
- Candidates must have a strong command of English and Russian. Knowledge of a Central Asian language is desirable. Knowledge of French will be an asset.
- Knowledge of textual analysis software will be an asset.
Description of work:
all types of activities within the GLOBALCONTEST project (research design, fieldwork, production of academic and policy-oriented outputs, dissemination and administrative tasks) together with the Principal Investigator Dr. Oleg Korneev.
Information about the GLOBALCONTEST project:
The postdoctoral fellow will be employed full-time for the duration of 24 months with a competitive salary and social package under the French legislation. S/He will be affiliated to the research centre CERAL (Director: Professor Antoine Pécoud) at the University of Paris 13.
Candidates interested in this position should send to Dr. Oleg Korneev at firstname.lastname@example.org (stating “GLOBALCONTEST post-doc 2018” as subject) by 15 September 2017, the following documents in English:
- detailed CV including the list of publications;
- motivation letter (1 page);
- two writing samples: the PhD thesis and a journal article/ book chapter (preferably on topics related to GLOBALCONTEST).
Additional information, including letters of recommendation, may be requested during the selection process. Selected candidates will be invited for a Skype interview.
For inquiries, please contact Dr. Oleg Korneev at email@example.com